Martin Odegaard has impressed during his temporary stint in Arsenal having bagged a memorable derby goal against Spurs last month. Arsenal who were keen on the Norweigian on a permanent basis have been dealt a major blow, as Real Madrid names Martin Odegaard one of four ‘untouchables.’
Hopes were very high among the Gunners’ supporters wishing that the attacking midfielder can be retained for next season. But according to reports by Marca, Martin Odegaardwon’t be going anywhere.
The Spanish paper reported that the 22-year-old Norwegian is one of four young Real Madrid’s ‘untouchables’ and the Madrid hierarchy wants to build around them.
- Arsenal makes it clear on its next four transfers as Jamie Carragher praises Gunner’s target.
- Top 10 world most valuable clubs. Latest list.
- Top 5 underpaid footballers in Europe.
- Manchester City and Real Madrid told raid Arsenal high rated star.
The Norweigian was recalled by Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane having spent a loan spell at Real Sociedad but spend the first half of this season on the bench.
It is believed that the Norwegian is not in a good relationship with Zizou with his contract in Spain set to expire in 2023. However, the Madrid board has faith in him that the issue has become a major consideration in Zidane’s future at the club, with the club appearing more likely to renew his contract.
The three other untouchables include the likes of Rodrygo, Fede Valverde, and Vinicius Jr, despite the latter having been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain as a makeweight in a deal for Kylian Mbappe.
- Arsenal past “less important.” Unai Emery
- Bukayo Saka sends message to Arsenal fans after a 4-0 win at Slavia.
- Mikel Arteta speaks about Unai Emery following their Europa League scheduled semi-final clash.
- Arsenal player ranks in the top 5 underpaid footballers in Europe.
- Arsenal dealt a major blow as Real Madrid names Martin Odegaard one of four ‘untouchables.’