Chelsea’s defender Antonio Rudger together with his team goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga made the headlines on the better part of this week after the two were involved in training ground bust-ups. It seems things have gotten back to normalcy with the latest development likely to cheer up the disappointed Chelsea fans. Antonio Rudiger two word message to his fellow is evidence that things are already calm.
Chelsea had suffered a disappointing defeat to West Brom, who also ended Thomas Tuchel’s 15 games unbeaten run. They, however, managed to bounce back in their Champions League encounter by thrashing Porto 2-0.
It was also reported that an argument occurred in the Chelsea dressing room involving Cesar Azpilicueta and Reece James. The Sunday heated exchange between Kepa and Rodiger was so tensed that the pair had to be separated.
- Thiago Silva is lucky to play football. He survived a death scare and almost gave up at 21 years.
- Lionel Messi tipped three Chelsea players for stardom.
- Pulisic new role at Chelsea revealed after the Champions League win over Porto.
- Tuchel sends Antonio Rudiger home early from training after a bust-up with one of his teammates.
Tuchel appeared calm and said:
“Don’t get me wrong, it was serious. Sometimes you have little, little situations when you look away and let them sort things out.
“This was not the case. We needed to interfere in this situation so it was serious. How the guys handled the situation was impressive and showed a lot of character. But the situation was serious.”
The incident did not have a lasting effect with reports indicating that German apologized to Kepa on his own accord.
Rudiger has now posted a picture of him with Kepa on his Instagram story alongside the caption ‘Mi Hermano’ which is Spanish for ‘My Brother’.
- TOP 10 RIGHT-BACKS THAT RULE THE FOOTBALL WORLD RIGHT NOW.
- Signing Haaland could be a “disaster.” Chelsea warned.
- Jorginho criticizes Frank Lampard’s long ball tactic and hails the changes brought by Thomas Tuchel.
- Guardiola, Tuchel, and Klopp give their verdict after Champions League Draw