An interesting twist of events as Chelsea send even one of their coaches out on loan, Moyes hires his son in scouting revamp
Chelsea have long been connected for having long lists of young players loaned out to clubs all over the world, many of whom never end up anywhere close to the real first-team at Stamford Bridge.
But loaning out coaches is something different altogether, and it’s being alleged that Chelsea have sent their Under-18s assistant manager James Simmonds to AFC Wimbledon for a spell, according to the Daily Mail.
It could end up being a bold move that gives Simmonds more experience and a distinct perspective, but for now we can’t help but be amused at how typically Chelsea it is.
Simmonds is quite highly rated by the west London titans, so perhaps this intriguing move is with the view of helping him develop and finally move into even more of a key role with the CFC first-team.
It’s all a bit peculiar really, but good luck to him nevertheless!
- Chelsea break silence on Manchester City’s interest in Reece James.
- Mateo Kovacic identifies the one Chelsea player who will become vital for Thomas Tuchel’s success.
- Saturday Transfer Update: Chelsea
- Declan Rice: ‘I have been lost without Mason Mount’ as he reveals Chelsea’s star latest Covid-19 test result.
- Romelu Lukaku reveals how his ‘sad’ Chelsea memories are influencing his play.
The groundbreaking move is viewed as a win-win for all parties, however, some have fooled that Simmonds — who played in the same Chelsea youth side as Jack Cork and Scott Sinclair — may come back a changed person given the Dons’ continued embracing of the Crazy Gang culture.
This comes at a time Westham manager Moyes hires his son in scouting revamp
David Moyes’ spell at West Ham is growing ever more powerful as his son David Moyes Jnr is now working with his dad at the London Stadium.
Moyes Jnr has left his position as an agent with Wasserman to work in the scouting and recruitment activity for West Ham.
Moyes, who signed a new three-year contract at West Ham earlier this month, has been looking to overhaul the club’s recruitment department as he feels they are short of alternatives and wants to bring some of the scouts to the club — including his own son.
More senior appointments are anticipated in the near future.
- Chelsea refuse to pay up for Thomas Tuchel’s prime transfer target.
- Frank Lampard reveals the only problem he had with N’Golo Kante at Chelsea.
- Thomas Tuchel’s decision about Billy Gilmour’s future amid Norwich City transfer links.
- Chelsea transfer round-up.
- Trying to kick a stone’: Yaya Toure reveals how Chelsea star is more difficult to tackle.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
An interesting twist of events as Chelsea send even one of their coaches out on loan, Moyes hires his son in scouting revamp.