After seeming certain to join Arsenal, 25-year-old is now negotiating with a different club.
According to L’Equipe, Andre Onana is now in talks with Lyon, despite seeming positive to join Arsenal at one point.
In previous reports, it was Football London who reported that the 25-year-old looked certain to join the Gunners this summer.
However, the 18-cap Cameroon international could now be going to France with Lyon instead.
Onana is currently barred from playing football after he was dismissed
by UEFA for testing positive for Furosemide – an outlawed substance.
However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport decreased the ban from a year to nine months, suggesting the shot-stopper can resume training in September.
Also, with just one year left on his deal, Ajax are happy to sell him for just £7m, which is a total bargain for a player of Onana’s quality.
It absolutely sounds like Mikel Arteta wants a new goalkeeper.
- Houssem Aouar breaks silence to report his ‘agent’ is in London to finalize Arsenal transfer.
- ‘Aouar to Arsenal confirmed!’ Arsenal supporters thrilled for £20m transfer after spotting Instagram ‘hint’.
- Some Arsenal fans fume on realizing Mikel Arteta’s vision for the club.
- Gareth Southgate exposes a cheeky message to Bukayo Saka and Jude Bellingham after Denmark’s triumph.
- Lionel Messi agree with Pep Guardiola regarding Edu’s £20m dream Arsenal transfer.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
Arsenal have been associated with moves for Aaron Ramsdale and Sam Johnstone so far this summer.
However, they will be more expensive than Onana, for sure.
In that regard, and with Bernd Leno keen to depart the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal have to gatecrash Lyon’s negotiations.
Onana has lots of Champions League exposure under his belt, and has demonstrated to be a fine distributor from the back – something that Arteta will love.
For just £7m, Arsenal would be crazy not to sign him.
Even if he never played a match, the Gunners would certainly be able to make profit on that sum anyway – it’s a no-brainer, in every understanding of the term.
Leno’s future is currently uncertain, but Onana could be hesitant to join them unless he is assured a regular starting role in the league.
This would put the Gunners in a complex situation. They may still need to keep Leno due to Onana’s ban and African Cup of Nations duty next year.
This could be a reason behind their hesitation to make an approach. As things stand, Onana could be leaning towards a move to Les Gones this summer.
- Kylian Mbappe advised on clubs to join if he wants to leave a legacy like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Arsenal a shock inclusion.
- Edu set a deadline to finalize an astounding £135m quadruple Arsenal summer transfer swoop.
- Arsenal’s new dressing room leak exposes Mikel Arteta’s relationship with his players.
- Arsenal star puts his home up for sale as he is set to end his 14 years relationship with the Gunners.
- Edu told to catch Arsenal’s own Lionel Messi with £19.8m transfer.
LIKE OUR: FACEBOOK PAGE JOIN OUR: Telegram Group.
JOIN OUR: Facebook Group. JOIN OUR: Telegram Channel.
.After seeming certain to join Arsenal, 25-year-old is now negotiating with a different club.