A new Arsenal untouchable has been discovered after Arsenal saw off Sheffield United 3-0 at Bramall Lane.
With Arsenal’s return leg of the Europa League quarter-final clash against Slavia fast approaching, Arsenal seems to have gotten a boost in morale after a win and a clean sheet against relegation zoned Sheffield United.
An away goal by Slavia puts the whole Arsenal qualification mathematics in disarray as Mikel Arteta must now score in order to progress to the next stage.
Martin Keown, a former Arsenal defender now thinks Arsenal have discovered new Arsenal untouchable ahead of the Slavia Prague clash.
While speaking to BT Sport, the former Arsenal defender said:
“There’s been a lot of talk about Arsenal’s recruitment and if they paid too much for individuals, but this guy,
“It’s a snip what they paid for him at £6m. This really will help him, what are we now? 14 months since he scored at this point.
- Mikel Arteta upbeat and promises to knock out Slavia Prague after seeing off Sheffield.
- Arteta in trouble as he faces revolt from senior players.
- Mikel Arteta warned of the impending sack after Slavia’s draw.
- Fans spot out what Bellerin did to Slavia’s goalscorer after the final whistle.
“He’s had injuries, ACL. He’s an instinctive finisher, he knows where to run.
“The key players were all taken off today: Saka, Martinelli, and Lacazette – he’s taken them off because he wants to play them on Thursday.
“It depends. You’ve got Smith Rowe to think about, Aubameyang as well to come back in, do you put Saka at left-back?
“I’ve almost felt like I’ve been signing a petition to get him [Martinelli] into the team – he’s a great talent.
“We have to look at it and say: Okay, has there been an underlying injury? Are there other reasons why he hasn’t been on the team? But now he’s in the team, I think he vindicates that decision, I don’t think you can take him out now.
Keown’s comments suggest that Mikel Arteta has now discovered his latest Arsenal untouchable and it remains to be seen whether Martinelli can get an extended run with the Gunners.
- Arteta ready to sell his valuable asset to fund Transfers.
- Torreira issues an Emotional request to Arsenal as he doesn’t want to play in Europe anymore.
- Mikel Arteta responds to Aguero’s Arsenal transfer speculations.
- Footballers’ funny nicknames that you should know.